Friday, September 18, 2009

A Good Week

This was a model week for training-long run, speed-work and a 10k race on tap for tomorrow morning. I feel like I’m right on schedule for Philadelphia, but I need to increase my time out on the road. Things have been hectic at home and I haven’t been sleeping all that well. I also am getting a little irritated gaining and losing the same 3 pounds over and over again. Lately the scale has been stuck at 192 (with clothes and sneakers on)-probably about five pounds heavier than I should be. More running means more eating and I think I might be a little out of balance. I have some time to lose it so I’m not going to get too upset.

After work today we’re driving down to Virginia to see Mark & Sue and take the boys to the Bluemont Fair. The race is part of the fair festivities. I have been meaning to run it for several years, but never wanted to get up so early after the long drive the night before. This year I’m going to do it. The T-shirts are pretty artsy and the run winds through the Blue Ridge Mountains so the course is nice as well. I’ll definitely set a PR since I don’t think I’ve ever run a 10k race before. They always seemed too short to be worth the effort. Since my regular Saturday run is a 6 mile loop, I figure I might as well do the race and run with other people for a change.
S: 11
M: 5
Tu: 5
W:7
Th: 5
Fr: 45 minutes Elliptical
Sat: 6.2
Total: 39.2

No comments:

Post a Comment