Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Blues

It’s been pretty cold in the Northeast this past week. I caught some sort of flu-like bug this past Thursday which curtailed my running somewhat. It took a couple of days to start feeling normal again; I had that all-over body ache which makes the thought of any serious exercise untenable. Yesterday I finally got back to the gym and back on the treadmill, and I started lifting again. My diet has been atrocious lately-a combination of lack of time to cook and easy access to bad food. Jack’s birthday was last week and I’ve been whittling away at the remains of the ice cream cake ever since. I get like this in the winter. By the time February rolls around, I’m tired of the cold and the darkness and I’m ready for spring. Unfortunately, Spring is a little ways off. So, I go to the gym and try to keep the kids entertained while stuffing my face with pizza, ice cream and Chinese food. Fortunately, the weight lifting has jacked up my metabolism, so the effect of my gluttony has yet to appear in cold numbers on the bathroom scale. A few more weeks of this and I won’t be so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I've cleaned it up the last two weeks due to a scare--already down 7 pounds!

    ReplyDelete