Friday, February 19, 2010

Update

I haven’t posted lately because I’m in a bit of a holding pattern. I’m running to keep my fitness up and lifting a bit at the gym, but I think I’m suffering a serious case of cabin fever. There has been over a foot of snow on the ground since the middle of January and it doesn’t seem to be departing any time soon. Spring may well eventually arrive, but I haven’t articulated any clear-cut fitness goals for the upcoming race season and so I’m feeling a bit out of sorts. I don’t lack motivation, merely direction, but it is hard to pick a course through the woods when the trails are covered with ice and snow.

It looks like we are going to be moving again in the fall. I like the house we’re renting, but it won’t be big enough to hold our expanding family and it’s a little too far from work. I don’t mind moving so soon, so long as the place we’re moving to is one where I can settle in for a while. We’re thinking of heading back to the Port Washington area, assuming something affordable pops up in the MLS listings. I like that part of the Island; there are a lot of parks and plenty of places to run, and the town is near the water. I’ve been meaning to get into kayaking, but haven’t had the space to store a kayak. Well, back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment