Friday, May 21, 2010

A Good Run, and A New Race

Yesterday I had a great seven mile romp through the Muttontown Preserve. The weather was perfect and the vegetation so lush from the rains we’ve been having it was almost like running in a rain forest. I don’t know about you, but clomping through the mud like a racehorse for a few miles is enough to eliminate all the stress from my overworked ass.

I signed up for the Shelter Island 10k, which is taking place on June 19. The race takes place on the aforementioned Shelter Island, a small Island in Long Island Sound a short ferry ride from the tip of the North Fork. It will be my first race since the marathon in November and my first 10k since the Bluemont Fair race last summer. I’m looking forward to both the race, and the opportunity to visit some of the tasting rooms of the numerous Long Island vineyards in the area. I’ll probably do that on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment