Monday, November 9, 2009

Two Weeks to Go

I ended up running 14 on Saturday and I wasn’t feeling it. Dragged my rear the whole way and my legs felt like cement. I probably should have gone with my instincts, knocked it back to 10 and took Sunday off, but I ended up running 6 yesterday at an average pace of 9:15. I’m definitely overtraining. Thank god it’s time to start the taper. Hopefully after two weeks of moderate mileage I’ll be back in fighting form. My concern now is food intake. I’ve been eating everything in sight since my mileage has exceeded 35/week and I’ve actually gained a few pounds during the training cycle. I’ll be monitoring my intake much more closely and I have decided to skip my evening glass (or 2) of red wine until after the race. That decision will make the next two weeks feel far longer than they actually will be. Sacrifice is good for the soul, I suppose.
Last week:
S: Off
M: 5 speed
T: 5
W: 5
Th: 6 tempo
Fr: 5
Sat: 14 (8:53 pace)
Total: 40

No comments:

Post a Comment